Register to host a student tour below...
A primary goal of the SRMA is to help inspire the next generation of manufacturers, and educate the public at large on the importance of the role manufacturers play in our daily lives. Everyone knows about the growing skill shortage despite the high volume of job openings in the sector. So how do we change that?
- Change the perception of careers in manufacturing to reflect its true status as the most advanced, high-tech industry in the country.
- Re-establish the U.S. as the global leader of manufacturing education.
- Make Florida a top 5 manufacturing state by 2030.
- Advocate for education and job training policies that strengthen the manufacturing workforce.
- Provide resources to the SWFL Manufacturers which help them overcome growth obstacles.
The ultimate goal is to help manufacturers build a steady pipeline of qualified and diversified manufacturing talent to help build and support local economies for decades to come.
We can do that by getting grade school students excited about a career in manufacturing. Hosting student tours is a great way to accomplish that.
PLEASE REGISTER TO HOST. Our current focus is February 2022, but if that does not work for you, please communicate with us as to what does work for your company.